a girl can dream

Monday, August 10, 2009

Dreaming of Goyard...






So, I have always had a thing for work accessories. When i was little i used to play "business." Yes, i would make my friends (only child) and my parents play "school", but business was way better. I would get my dad's old agendas, legal pads, promotional pens, desk calendars, caclulators, etc. and pretend to make serious phone calls and appointments (for what i don't know).. And remember briefcases? I was obsessed with them. My dad would give me old ones to play with and i would lug them around in my mom's high heels ( at 4). Maybe it's just me but they seem like something straight out of the 0-80s that got left in the 90s somewhere.. I still have always enjoyed the idea of them, maybe because i remember the great leather smell of my dad's giant cherry one with suede interior, and of wishing to be important enough to have one! Well obviously anyone can have their own version of one.. and their own gorgeous accessories to go with it. Note: i know many people still feel Goyard is old lady. I personally hold to the belief that it is old lady chic. And i insist on initials on any piece of Goyard you might acquire. PS I am dying for that diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment