a girl can dream

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Theory on Theory




(bloomingdales.com)
So, Theory and I get along pretty well as far as suiting goes. And the nice thing is the whole mix and match deal. You get one Jacket (I have generally preferred the Gabe B) and literally can get a skirt and three different styles of pants to match. They do a pretty good job of keeping an 80s idea modern by switching up the cuts every season but always keeping classics around (like the Gabe B jacket and Max C pants). I am loving a narrow pant leg for work (as well as real life), and a boyfriend jacket (although i'm still debating whether the Theory version makes the business cut - it's still a little forward)...
I have to mention I take issue with their shoes though. They are pretty expensive (I think cheapest business formal shoe is around $250 and it only goes up from there), and are seriously uncomfortable for me. I have a really high arch though so I'm weird about shoe quality. I also think so far the design has been somewhat dated (cool it with the mary janes), but we'll see what they have in store this fall and maybe i'll give them a chance again. Anyway, here are some shots of their new fall cuts i'm pretty into..
Note: I think it's important to mix up the work-drobe with seasonal colors (i.e. royals) so you feel like you're keeping current not just in real life. I swear it helps you work better. And I insist on purchasing new white dress shirts yearly, if not half-yearly (trust me, a year of dry-cleaning shows). P.S. Saks.com et al put the worst "full-looks" together for Theory / don't do it at all. I suggest checking out the Theory site itself and signing up for the mailing list - They have a cute look-book with cute suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment